Featured post

Love me for me

Saturday 12 March 2016

Not what I saw in my head



In my heart my world screams,
For in my soul, it’s been broken.
By lives promises left unfulfilled.

As a child, I dreamt only of happy days,
rainbows, sunshine and butterflies.
Days with clear blue skies, bright smiles.

I never imagined pain, nor did I
imagine death or hurt  
bitterness that hunts ones soul.

Never had I thought nor did I wonder
where ones spirit lived, if it could be
extracted, if it could be bound or
healed after its been injured.

I couldn't perceive days, where lies
and pretence were the bases of
our conversations, where we long
for true acceptance yet hide
beneath shadows of ourselves.

Where love will never be enough
while understanding and happiness
are myths brought to you by the
channels of your mind, an epic mind
game no one ever wins.

So I pick up the pieces of my life, 
It makes no sense why the puzzles won’t fit together.
Beyond recognition or anything one’s mind could comprehend.
Broken beyond repair.

In my heart my world screams,
For in my soul, it’s been broken.
By life's promises left unfulfilled.


Author: Efe Eluma


No comments:

Post a Comment